Learn Something Today and Gain Knowledge

How to Make Nigerian Juicy Zobo Drink with many Flavours inside

By on 16:29


Zobo drink is a Nigerian beverage made from dried Roselle plant flowers. The drink is also known as Roselle drink and called Sorrel drink in the Carribean.
Zobo has a sour taste so it can clash with sugars. This why I prefer to keep my Zobo drink as natural as possible hence I use only natural ingredients when preparing the drink. You may add artificial flavours and sweeteners such as Nutri-C and sugar if you wish.

Ingredients for Nigerian Zobo drink
The following are what I used to make 5 litres of Zobo drink. You can get more with the same quantity of ingredients depending on the concentration you want. If you will be using artificial flavours, you need to add more water.
* In Nigeria, when we use up the tomato paste in the 850g tin of any brand of tomato paste, we wash the tin and use it for measuring food items and ingredients. This measuring cup is fondly called De Rica cup because it is the most popular brand of tomato paste.

  1.  2 De Rica* cups of dry Zobo leaves
  2.  1 glove of garlic
  3. 1 big piece of ginger
  4. 1 big very ripe pineapple             

To garnish:
Fell free to add any sliced citrus fruits of your choice: orange, lemon, lime.


Before you make the Zobo drink
  • Wash the dry Zobo leaves repeatedly in cold water. Zobo leaves are usually very dusty so make sure you wash off all the dust. It will seem like all the flavours/colour of the zobo are being washed off but don't worry, you will see that the dry zobo leaves still have a lot of the colour intact when you start boiling it.
  • Wash, peel and cut the pineapple into thin slices. Some people add the peel of the pineapple when making the zobo drink but I don't do this simple because I always think that dirt is stuck in the peels of pineapples:
  •  Peel and cut the ginger and garlic into tiny pieces.

Directions for making the Zobo drink
  • Put the washed zobo leaves into a deep pot.
  •  Add the pineapples and pour enough water to cover the contents of the pot and then some.
  • Start cooking at medium to high heat and let it boil for 5 minutes.
  • Add the ginger and the garlic, add more water and keep boiling for at least 30 minutes. This is the time it will take for the zobo leaves to be completely soft and the pineapples tender.
  • Turn off the heat and set aside to cool down completely.
  • When cool, wringe out the juice from the pineapples and zobo leaves, leaving only the zobo juice in the pot.
  • Pour the juice through a sieve to take out the remaining large particles then pour it through a chiffon cloth to remove the tiniest particles.
  • Add any artificial flavours of your choice at this time and stir.
  • Pour into bottles and refrigerate.

5 comments:

  1. EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL TO GET EX HUSBAND/BOYFRIEND OR EX WIFE/GIRLFRIEND AND CURE HERPES AND INFERTILITY THAT WORKS WITHIN 24 HOURS.

     Contact Dr. Odunga at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com OR Whats App/CALL +2348167159012


    I got my ex husband back to me and also got fertile and gave birth to twin girls after 12 years of marriage.

    When I came online last year, I saw a testimony about Doctor ODUNGA and how he has been helping people with marriage issues and I decided to contact him. We spoke on email at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com and later he gave me his WhatsApp number which is +2348167159012. He assured me he would help me get my ex husband back after 3 years of no contact. Doctor Odunga is the best spell caster I must say. My husband called me after 24 hours of contact. The third day, I received natural herbs for fertility and after using it, I became fertile and conceived. I and my husband reconnected, had sex and I was pregnant. Presently I am happy to say I am the mother of twin girls and this is ALL THANKS TO DOCTOR ODUNGA. I came online to say this If you need help, I believe you are saved with this man.  


    Contact his email at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com


     OR Whats App/Call +2348167159012 and you too will give a testimony too to help others

    ReplyDelete
  2. i advise anyone looking for a forex and crypto trader in terms of account mentorshp to reach out to Mrs Thomas Mary for she has really help me know the better part of trade. I have made a lot of profit with her guidiance. you can reach her on her email adress thomasmary4554@gmail.com or reach her on her whatsapp +447508347797.

    ReplyDelete

  3. BEST LOTTERY SPELL BY POWERFUL DR. OBINNA

    I use to be a very poor man who has always not find luck when it comes to playing the lottery. I have been playing lottery since i was 21 years and now i am 52 meaning i have been playing lottery for 31 years. The biggest amount i have ever won in my life was 400 bucks. But one day my story turns to history after i find this man name DR. OBINNA on the Internet that he is the best when it comes to winning lottery. This man is a very strong voodoo doc who gives out the numbers that can never fail. After all my years of laboring and struggling to win the lottery i finally won ( $62,000,000) with the help of DR. OBINNA lottery spell. email him now to get the best lottery number to win big amount of lottery All thanks to Dr OBINNA His contact informations...

    Email: obinnaspelltemple@yahoo.com

    His WhatsApp +19492293867

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone,

    I will tell you a secret of getting rich on bitcoin investment “a wise person should have money in their head , but not in the heart.. Everyday is a day of new decisions. Its your choice to be rich or to be poor & keep struggling, start making larger funds in 72 hours with a legit & pro trader like me,Investment plans are open now with a minimum investment of $200 you can earn $2000 in 72 hours.


    Invest $200 earn $2,000
    Invest $500 earn $5,000
    Invest $700 earn $7,000
    Invest $1,000 earn $10,000
    Invest $2,000 earn $20,000
    Invest $5,000 earn $50,000
    Invest $7,000 earn $70,000


    Do not miss this clear opportunity to achieve your financial freedom, those who are not ready to invest now are not ready to retire early, do not depend on a single source of income, let us trade for you today and start making profit for you. Kindly contact us Via WhatsApp: (+447883246472)
    Email : tdameritrade077@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My lesbian partner is an active member of a LGBTQ group over here in Norway, in their forum she met a gay guy who sweet talked her into being friends, I wasn't healthy about their friendship but I trust my partner. With time she started making promises to me on how she will spoil me silly witih luxuries and vacations around the world. I was surprised because she is just a nurse in a private health facility, after much persuading, she confessed to me that her new friend introduced her to ways she can make quick money within 5-7 days by bitcoin and other cryptocurrency and she has already invested her retirement funds upto 48,000 euro. I was really disappointed in her for not telling me before making such moves however i understand she was doing it for the betterment of us both and i can never get angry at my partner because i love her so much. We decided to find ways to get the money back, we reached out to couple of hackers and they were not able to help us. Fortunately, we finally found IT programmer who was able to hack and recover my partner's bitcoins in hours. The hackers contacts are (CYBERGENIEINTERCONTINENTAL@PROTON.ME)(WhatsAPP +1 (252)512-0391) I am posting this article here as a goodwill of my heart to help make the world a better and safe place from those dubious scammers.

    ReplyDelete