Learn Something Today and Gain Knowledge

How to Cook Nigeria Coconut Rice

By on 17:36

 This Nigerian food is called the Jollof Rice with a twist! It feels good to see the looks on your guests' or friends' faces when they think you are serving them the good old Jollof Rice but bam, the moment the first spoon enters the mouth, you are sure to get the looks of pleasure! It makes you feel good, doesn't it?
Yes, it looks the same as the Jollof Rice you know but the aroma and taste is different. Why don't you surprise your guests tonight by preparing this easy dinner recipe?
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Ingredients
·         Rice - 3 cigar cups | 750g
·         Tomato Stew 500 mls
·         Coconut Milk 600 mls
·         Chicken (whole chicken or drumsticks)
·         Pepper - to taste
·         Salt (to taste)
·         Onions - 2 medium sized bulbs
·         Seasoning – 3 Maggi/Knorr cubes & Thyme (1 teaspoon)

Before you cook Coconut Rice
·         Prepare the tomato stew if you don't have some in the freezer. Visit the Tomato Stew page for details on how to do that. It is advisable to prepare tomato stew before hand and keep in the freezer. This is so that whenever you want to cook any jollof rice related dish, it is just a matter of adding it to your cooking.
·         If you will use whole chicken, wash and cut the whole chicken into pieces. Place the pieces in a pot; add water till it just covers the pieces of chicken, add the chopped onions, stock cubes and thyme and start cooking. The cooking time depends on the type of chicken. The rooster or cockerel cooks much faster than the hen but the hen is tastier.

Cooking till done and add salt to taste. Put the pieces of chicken in a sieve to drain, then fry with vegetable oil. You can also grill it in an oven. This is to give it a golden look which is more presentable especially if you have guests for dinner.
·         Now is the time to extract the coconut milk. Set the coconut milk aside.
·         Parboil the rice using the method detailed in parboiling rice for cooking coconut rice. Wash the parboiled rice and put in a sieve to drain.

Cooking Directions
·         Now we need a pot big enough to accommodate the rice till it is done. Bear in mind that the rice will normally rise by at least one quarter of its quantity from the parboiled state to the done state.
·         Pour the chicken stock, coconut milk and the tomato stew into the selected pot. Set on the stove to boil. Add the drained parboiled rice, salt and pepper to taste. If necessary, top up with water to bring the water level to the same level as the rice. This is to ensure that all the water dries up by the time the rice is cooked.
·         Cover the pot and leave to cook on medium heat. This way the rice does not burn before the water dries up.

If you parboiled the rice as described at parboiling rice for cooking coconut rice, the rice should be done by the time the water is dry. Confirm that the rice is done by tasting it. That’s the way coconut rice is cooked.

7 comments:

  1. EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL TO GET EX HUSBAND/BOYFRIEND OR EX WIFE/GIRLFRIEND AND CURE HERPES AND INFERTILITY THAT WORKS WITHIN 24 HOURS.

     Contact Dr. Odunga at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com OR Whats App/CALL +2348167159012


    I got my ex husband back to me and also got fertile and gave birth to twin girls after 12 years of marriage.

    When I came online last year, I saw a testimony about Doctor ODUNGA and how he has been helping people with marriage issues and I decided to contact him. We spoke on email at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com and later he gave me his WhatsApp number which is +2348167159012. He assured me he would help me get my ex husband back after 3 years of no contact. Doctor Odunga is the best spell caster I must say. My husband called me after 24 hours of contact. The third day, I received natural herbs for fertility and after using it, I became fertile and conceived. I and my husband reconnected, had sex and I was pregnant. Presently I am happy to say I am the mother of twin girls and this is ALL THANKS TO DOCTOR ODUNGA. I came online to say this If you need help, I believe you are saved with this man.  


    Contact his email at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com


     OR Whats App/Call +2348167159012 and you too will give a testimony too to help others

    ReplyDelete

  2. How I Got My Ex Husband Back. Am so excited, All Thanks goes to Dr Prince i was married to my husband, and we were living fine and happy. it come to an extend that my husband that use to love and care for me, doesn't have my time again, until i fined at that he was having an affair with another woman, I tried to stop him all my effort was in-vain suddenly he divorce me and went for the woman. he live me with two of our kids, I cried all day, I was in pains, sorrow and looking for help. I read a comment on how Dr Prince helped a lady to brought her husband back, after 2yrs , He helped people with his Magic spell love and reuniting spell. so I decided to contact him and explain my problems to him, he did a love spell that made my husband to come back to me and never think of the woman. this man is God sent to restore heart break and reunite relationship. may the lord be your strength and continue to use you to save people relationship and any problems contact him for help on princemagicspell@yahoo.com You can also contact him through his WhatsApp +19492293867. Contact him now for love spell to bring back your ex lover he is the best spell caster and he is the best solution to all relationship problems…

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEST LOTTERY SPELL BY POWERFUL DR. OBINNA

    I use to be a very poor man who has always not find luck when it comes to playing the lottery. I have been playing lottery since i was 21 years and now i am 52 meaning i have been playing lottery for 31 years. The biggest amount i have ever won in my life was 400 bucks. But one day my story turns to history after i find this man name DR. OBINNA on the Internet that he is the best when it comes to winning lottery. This man is a very strong voodoo doc who gives out the numbers that can never fail. After all my years of laboring and struggling to win the lottery i finally won ( $62,000,000) with the help of DR. OBINNA lottery spell. email him now to get the best lottery number to win big amount of lottery All thanks to Dr OBINNA His contact informations...

    Email: obinnaspelltemple@yahoo.com

    His WhatsApp +19492293867

    ReplyDelete
  4. How To Get Your COVID-19 Vaccine Records Online
    At your first vaccination appointment, you should get a CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record card that tells you what COVID-19 vaccine you received, the date you received it, and where you received it.
    Keep your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record card for future use. Consider taking a picture of your card after your vaccination appointment as a backup copy.
    If you did not receive a CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record card at your first appointment, contact the vaccination provider site where you got your first shot or your state health department to find out how you can get a card.

    If You Need Another Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine

    contact the the below details or make good used of the below link.

    WHATSAPP: +1 (901) 878-9747

    CALL/TEXT : +1 (901) 878-9747

    Telegram: @Approveddocumente

    EMAIL : approvedocs@gmail.com

    website link : https://approvedocs.com/no-v

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buy covid-19 vaccination card online +1(901)878-9747

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone,

    I will tell you a secret of getting rich on bitcoin investment “a wise person should have money in their head , but not in the heart.. Everyday is a day of new decisions. Its your choice to be rich or to be poor & keep struggling, start making larger funds in 72 hours with a legit & pro trader like me,Investment plans are open now with a minimum investment of $200 you can earn $2000 in 72 hours.


    Invest $200 earn $2,000
    Invest $500 earn $5,000
    Invest $700 earn $7,000
    Invest $1,000 earn $10,000
    Invest $2,000 earn $20,000
    Invest $5,000 earn $50,000
    Invest $7,000 earn $70,000


    Do not miss this clear opportunity to achieve your financial freedom, those who are not ready to invest now are not ready to retire early, do not depend on a single source of income, let us trade for you today and start making profit for you. Kindly contact us Via WhatsApp: (+447883246472)
    Email : tdameritrade077@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Lover and I are back together after 3 years of breakup. I have made promise to help anyone in a relationship/marriage problem by referring him or her to Robinson buckler who helped me with my own problem. You can email him if you need his assistance also for herpes cure. email: Robinsonbuckler11@ gmail. com……………………

    ReplyDelete